Monday, August 24, 2009

AWESOME Potato Bread


This is such a good bread. The original recipe that I found online, make one very small loaf. The second time I made it I tripled the recipe and made one loaf and 6 rolls. We like them best as rolls because they make awesome sandwich rolls. Jeff even told me that I don't need to buy Hawaiian rolls anymore as long as I keep making these. Don't worry this is very easy!

1 large potato, peeled, boiled, and mashed finely (I left mine a big chunky because I wanted to see the potato in the bread.)
1 C bread flour (self-rising will do if you don't have bread flour)
1 t yeast
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
enough warm milk to make the dough kneadable (I found that 1/2 cup worked great)

Mix together in mixer. Ball the dough and let sit in a glass bowl to rise for a couple of hours or until it doubles in size*. Punch the dough down and gently knead or shape the dough into a loaf or rolls and put it/them into a greased and floured pan. Let rise again for about 30 min or until it doubles in size*. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min.

** PLACE A DAMP CLOTH OVER THE BREAD AFTER BAKING TO HELP SOFTEN THE CRUST. DON'T LEAVE ON TOO LONG OR THE DOUGH WILL GET TOO MOIST.**

*I let my dough rise in the oven with the light on. The light will warm the oven just enough to help it rise. Don't turn the oven on while rising.*


No comments:

Post a Comment